Certain factors increase the risk to the health and life of thefetus and the mother.
A few of these risk factors are:
- High blood pressure, diabetes, STD, HIV-positive.
- Lung, kidney or heart problem.
- Autoimmune disease.
- Overweight and obesity.
- Multiples: pregnancy with twins or more.
- Young or old maternal age: pregnancy in teens and in women aged 35 or over.
- Three or more miscarriages.
- Smoke, alcohol, drugs and certain medicines.
- Other health problems also can make your pregnancy at high-risk.
If you have any of these factors, then your pregnancy is High-risk Pregnancy (HRP); and you must be under the care of an expert in HRP.
You will have more visits to gynecologist in Delhi, to ultrasound specialist and to fetal medicine specialist for proper high risk pregnancy treatment in Delhi.
With good prenatal care, under an expert, a healthy baby will be born; otherwise, the risk of morbidity and mortality of mother and fetus, and the risk of birth defects in the baby – will increase.