If you are trying your best to get pregnant for over 6 months, it is not an abnormal issue; there may be any hormonal issue with you or your partner. it is important to see a best gynecologist in Delhi to get the safe and reliable treatment.
If getting pregnant is a challenge for you, it is the time to look out for best solutions. 10 to 15 percent of couples in India are infertile. Infertility is when a couple is unable to get pregnant despite having frequent, unprotected sex.
Infertility may be due to a single cause in either you or your partner, or a combination of factors that may prevent a pregnancy. Fortunately, there are many safe and effective treatments available today to overcome infertility in men and women. These treatments significantly improve the chances of becoming pregnant.
In most of the cases, it is observed that most couples achieve pregnancy within the first six months of intercourse. When a couple needs to be pregnant, after 6-12 months of frequent unprotected intercourse, around 90 percent couple gets pregnant. The majority of couples will eventually conceive, with or without treatment.
Symptoms of infertility
The main sign of infertility is the inability for a couple to get pregnant. Apart from this symptom, there is not a single obvious symptom to check the infertility in men and women.
According to surveys, in some cases, an infertile woman may have irregular or absent menstrual periods. Means, if you are facing issues during menstrual periods or you have irregular periods most of the times, it may be the sign of infertility.
When to see a doctor
In general, a couple need to visit, when after 6 Months or one year, they are unable to get pregnant and having no confidence to get pregnant. You may consider visiting a gynecologist earlier if you’re a woman and:
- A woman age is 40 years
- Menstrual cycle is irregular or not at all
- Have fertility problems and a woman know it
- Diagnosed with endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease
- Had more than one miscarriage
- A woman had gone through cancer treatment
To become pregnant, the complex processes of ovulation and fertilization need to work just right. In some couples, the infertility problem present from birth (congenital) or something can go wrong along the way that results in infertility.
The reasons for infertility can involve one or both partners. In general:
- In around one third cases, only the male is responsible.
- In around one third cases, only the female is responsible.
- In the remaining cases, both the male and female are responsible and no cause can be identified.
Many of the risk factors for female infertility include:
- Age – A woman’s fertility gradually decreases with age and this decline becomes more pronounced in her mid-30s.
- Use of Tobacco – If one of the members in a couple smokes or use tobacco by any means, then there are more chance of infertility. Miscarriages are more frequent in women who smoke.
- Use of Alcohol – Alcoholic couples have more issues of infertility than who do not consume alcohol. Alcohol use increases the risk of birth defects.
- Being underweight. If a woman is under weight and have eating disorders, such as anorexia or bulimia, then there are more chances that a woman could be infertile.
- Exercise issues – If a women is not active in physical activities and is obese, then she can have infertility.