Infertility is a loss. It’s the loss of a dream. It’s the loss of an assumed future. And, like every loss, it will be grieved.
Fertility is God’s gift to women. And to men. But the gift is not equitable. Some are luckier while some are less and some are least lucky to have this gift.
About one in six couples have infertility. But with today’s technology, it is even possible for an infertile couple to have a healthier baby
If a couple fails to conceive despite trying for 12 months, then it needs fertility treatment. Infertility could happen to both male or female, therefore both of them should be assessed when the woman is facing difficulty in conceiving. In males, 90% of the cases of infertility are due to the reason such as low sperm counts, poor sperm quality, or even both. The remaining cases can be for several reasons: anatomical problems, hormonal imbalance, and genetic defects.
In females, infertility is mostly because of problems with ovulation or cervix, or damage to fallopian tubes or uterus, or abnormal cervical mucus. Also, as a woman ages, her fertility decreases, and that too can be a cause of infertility.
CAUSES OF INFERTILITY
Female infertility is a contributory factor in about half of all infertility cases; and the only factor in about one-third of all the cases. Most frequent causes of female infertility are:
• Ovulation problems
• Damaged fallopian tubes or ovary
• Cervix problem
• Abnormal cervical mucus which prevents, or makes it difficult, for the sperm to reach the egg and to penetrate it
• Age: as a woman ages, her fertility decreases.
Female fertility is diagnosed by physical, pelvic and breast examination, medical history and one or more tests such as:
• Urine or blood tests to check for infection, hormone problem and thyroid function.
• Ovarian reserve tests to determine the quality and quantity of eggs available for ovulation.
• Cervical mucus and tissue test to check for ovulation.
• Ultrasound to look at the uterus and ovaries’ abnormalities or problems.
• Hysteroscopy to look for uterine abnormalities and growth inside the urus.
• Laparoscopy to see endometriosis, scarring, blockages or irregularities of the fallopian tubes, and problems with the ovaries and uterus and surrounding area.
• Genetic tests to find if a genetic defect is causing infertility.
Depending on the cause, your age, and how long you have been infertile, one or more therapies may be needed to restore fertility.
In India, about 10 to 15 from a total of 100 couples require Infertility treatment to bring happiness of a baby in their life. This number is increasing at a fast pace due to various factors. Female infertility treatment in Delhi, India may be medication or surgery or Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART).
• Antibiotics for infections.
• Hormones for hormone imbalance, endometriosis, or a short menstrual cycle.
• Medicine to stimulate ovulation.
• Supplements to enhance fertility.
Laparoscopic surgery to:
• Correct an abnormal uterine shape.
• Treat Endometrial polyps and fibroids that misshape the uterine cavity.
• Treat Pelvic or uterine adhesions.
• Treat Blockage and scar tissues that occur in the fallopian tubes, uterus, or pelvic area.
ART and (Artist) Best Infertility Expert Doctor In Delhi
• Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI). In IUI, ovulation is monitored and millions of healthy sperms are placed inside the uterus at the time of ovulation.
• In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). In IVF, mature eggs are retrieved from the woman, fertilized with a man’s sperm in a dish in a lab, and the embryo is then transferred to womb. IVF cycle takes several weeks and requires frequent blood tests and hormone injections.
IUI is less physically demanding and a much shorter, and much cheaper (for three cycles, IUI, ₹ 10-15,000; IVF, ₹ 3-5 lakh) process than IVF; but IUI has a higher risk of multiple pregnancy.
Also, IUI success rate after three cycles is about 55%; for IVF, it is 75-94%. For IUI, the rate dips sharply with woman’s age: dips to 3-14% for a woman of 45. For IVF the dip is hardly any.
For women in their late 30s and above, going directly for IVF may be a more cost-effective option.
But remember, ART is an art, not just science. Just as art depends on artist, so ART depends on the Artist or Best Infertility Expert Doctor in Delhi. Just as the artist becomes more skilled with practice and experience, so does the Infertility Expert Doctor in Delhi. So the right question to ask is not what the success rate of ART is; the right question to ask is what the success rate of the Artist (Best Infertility Expert Doctor in Delhi)
Infertility is a complex disorder. Treatment demands significant financial, physical, psychological and time commitments. Be prepared for that.
Usually nothing can be done to prevent female infertility caused by genetic problems or illness.
But several things can be done to decrease the possibility of infertility:
• Take steps to prevent sexually transmitted diseases
• Avoid illicit drugs
• Avoid heavy or frequent alcohol use
• Adopt good personal hygiene and health practices
• Get check-ups done annually with your gynecologist after you are active sensually
Contact Best Infertility Expert Doctor in Delhi in case of any of the following symptoms:
• Abnormal bleeding
• Abdominal pain
• Unusual discharge
• Pain or discomfort during intercourse
• Soreness or itching in the vaginal area
Some couples who are dealing with infertility phase wants to investigate traditional methods of treatments and over the counter efforts before they choose any one of the infertility procedures. However, do consult Best Infertility Expert Doctor in Delhi about these.